About Me

My photo
New York, New York, United States
"Life isn't divided into genres. It's a horrifying, romantic, tragic, comical, science-fiction cowboy detective novel."

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Falling away


Do you ever listen to the first 10 seconds of a song and you're instantly hooked? For me, it's usually because the opening riff evokes some kind of past emotion or period where I was either inexplicably happy or just plain content. Evermore's "Falling away" is one such song. While the rest of the song kind of blows, it's the opening guitar melody that truly sucks me in. I hear those simple notes picked out and I'm whirled back to california, watching the sun set at laguna beach, driving with the windows down on the freeway, sitting out on my roof gazing at the san bernadino mountains..

No comments: